Bog'Art and Sustainability
Bog’Art is Green
Our approach to sustainable construction is based on the best building practices that emphasize long-term affordability with minimum environmental impact.
There are four guiding principles on which our designs and practices aim to achieve throughout a building’s life cycle:
EFFICIENCY -> UTILITY -> DURABILITY -> COMFORT
These principles are served by:
- Reducing material usage through the use of recycled materials
- Generating less solid waste to achieve savings in construction waste
- Lowering toxic emissions to minimize our carbon footprint
- Minimizing water and energy use to reduce operating costs for owners
A building designed in a sustainable way decreases environmental impact over the entire life cycle of the building. Sustainability should also be approached economically, with the aim to reduce costs by using Green methods: one of the most effective ways to reduce costs is to be energy efficient.
Our social focus on sustainability not only emphasizes Green Building design, implementation, and certifications, but also takes into account the future needs of the building’s tenants – our buildings create a healthy and more productive environment.
In accordance with Romanian Green Building Council standards, Bog’Art’s sustainable turn-key works incorporate environmentally responsible and resource efficient design and implementation.
As a general contractor, Bog’Art is able to ensure that projects meet the sustainability requirements of BREEAM and LEED certifications.
Our results are achieved through practices and design methods that aim to reduce:
Land Usage -> Materials -> Pollution -> Waste -> Water and Energy
The methods and technologies implemented encompass, but are not limited to:
- Efficiency on the job site to reduce energy and waste
- Evaluation of existing infrastructure and renovation of existing structures to minimize land usage
- Energy-efficient design that optimizes orientation of the building
- Façades that minimize solar load and heat loss to reduce the operation of mechanical systems
- Durable materials that extended useful lives of buildings
- Low carbon technologies and construction materials to avoid ozone depletion
- Recycle materials and construction waste whenever feasible
- Water-saving plumbing fixtures and reuse water supply
- Energy efficient roofs and water collection systems
- High-performing mechanical systems for heating, ventilating and cooling that save energy and minimize operational costs
- Energy efficient lighting such as LED fixtures, daylight, time and motion sensors
- Optimized coordination with Building Management Systems controls to monitor energy usage
- Use of alternative sources of energy such as solar, geothermal or co-generators that back existing power supplies
Romania Green Building Council
The Green Building Council’s mission is to promote environmental responsibility and energy efficiency throughout the construction sector and within developing in a sustainable, green conscious manner.
Project highlight - Bucharest One
The location is in Barbu Vacarescu, the new pole of Business in Bucharest. This building is the first LEED Platinum certified building in Romania.
The Green Gate project
The Green Gate project is finished in just 14 months of continues efforts for 49.600sqm. This new success of our company was achieved in close ties with the client Green Gate Development, project management team responsibility being assess with great vaunt.